Friday, September 4, 2009

Great War Russians


When I was posting WW1 stuff last week I forgot to show some Russians, so here they are. I have four battalions of infantry and a regiment of cavalry in this part of my collection.

These next three pictures are company command stands from the different battalions. Each unit got a slightly different paint job.

The officer figure here is from the Airfix WW2 Russian set.

Bending an arm and twisting the head created quite a reasonable pose on this officer figure.

Lastly, one of the MMG platoons. If you're ever looking for good reading material on Russia's Great War I would highly recommend Norman Stone's The Eastern Front 1914-1917. It is still the best work in English I have seen in many years of interest in this period.

No comments:

Post a Comment