More or less finished these, a small addition to my ANZAC collection.
Not as well crafted as the infantry set, as the soft plastic does not hold the lines on the figures, not as crisp, if you know what I mean.
The sculpting is also inferior to the other set but they are still okay; would have been good to see one or two figures in the shirt sleeves but still a gap in the range filled. Back to doing Russian mortars next.
Reckon most of us could tell/show a few of these...
This bone yard Hetzer has been resurrected with all manner of spares, including a Tiger, Panther and Pz38t, all it needs now is repainting.
I have had a lot of fun over the past few days doing the monster mash with old wrecks.
Here is the latest addition with the other two I already had, a full company.
Here is the half-track, still needs more painting and possibly an MG or other accessories.
Moved the wheels forward a bit as per suggestion. I didn't have any proper wheels, so I used a couple of an old 88mm gun carriage ones, which have spokes but that doesn't bother me; still working on the other one.
Haven't had a lot of time for my hobbies lately but still managed to knock this up over the last few days.
It is made from spare parts, most of which didn't match, though for gaming that hardly matters.
I've decided it will function as either a courthouse or perhaps a small school. If you want to see some really nice home-made buildings check some of Thanos' work here: http//miniaturesterrainpage.blogspot.com/
Off to the big smoke for a couple of days, but before I go a few of pictures of my recently completed early war Russians.
Still have helmet chin straps to do, but they are reasonably complete.
Mostly Plastic Soldier figures, though there are a few Revell and Esci in the mix also.
Lastly, the portly regimental commander. Once I get some support weapons sorted this unit will be totally complete. I managed three western front battalions and two eastern ones. The eastern units still have their full complement of command stands and supporting arms as they escaped the worst of the purges of the 1930s, a nice bit of historical detail reflected in the OOB for this era.
Taking some time off painting Russian infantry for a while, I find such large batches looses its appeal after about three battalions.
Anyway, this is what I decided to do. A Russian SU-12, which dates to the mid 1930s, but saw active service against the Fins, the Japanese and, of course, the Germans.
Under coated on the sprue and constructed over the last few days, interrupted by a stint of jury service, however.
I managed to use almost all of the 114 parts, except the spare deck and other options you can chose from.
A very precisely engineered kit, all the parts matched up well, and there was no flash.
Some minor work to do around the wheels and gun-shield still to finish, decals from the bits box.
Very straight chassis from front to back.
In CD, you get one platoon of these in several of the early war motorised formations, but most commonly motorised infantry, so this will certainly get an appearance at some stage. This one was USD$8; some crew figures would have been a bonus, still I'd give it an 8/10.
Just a few pictures of the Russian infantry I've been working on, still a long way to go.
Many have been removed from their base to achieve a better height match.
I have five early war battalions on the go at once, minus MMG and mortar platoons which I'll have to add later on down the track as I don't have any of these. Hopefully I'll have them finished by this time next week; nice figures to paint.
Met a nice chap named Phil the other day, and along with a couple of other things acquired these very good assault guns. I think they are on a Hat chassis, an excellent addition to my collection, with very nice paint jobs too. I might try and find a decal or two for them though.